Whirligig Designs Terms & Conditions
EFFECTIVE 1ST MARCH 2015
- All items quoted are on hire basis only unless otherwise stated.
- To confirm your booking a non-refundable deposit is payable. This deposit amount will vary based on your quotation total and a separate deposit is required for each service you wish to book in. Services are categorised into ceremony decorations, reception decorations, bridal party floral arrangements/bouquets, cakes and invitations/stationery. Each deposit paid secures that service on your date and is not transferable to other services in the event you decide to cancel one or part of your services booked. Receipt of your non-refundable deposit constitutes acceptance of these “Terms and Conditions”.
Prices are for one hire only unless otherwise stated. Delivery, setup, pack down and collection is not included unless indicated on the invoice. Delivery and collection prices quoted are for a single delivery or collection only.
All collections are from the same venue as delivered during normal business hours the following business day after the event. We do not collect from venues at midnight; it is the hirers’ responsibility to organise next day collection with their venue for us in these situations. Where this is not possible the hirer is responsible for the return of all items on the first business day after the event to our showroom during our opening hours at their expense.
Pack down of hired goods is not included unless stated on the invoice. If is the hirers’ responsibility to ensure all goods are packed down either by venue staff, family or friends at the end of the event ready for our collection. This includes all linen to be bagged and all items set to the side of the room. The only exception to this are our backdrops and roof/room draping, these items may be left in place for our staff to pack down on collection.
Under no circumstances may our goods be removed from the delivery location under any circumstances. Goods that are not available for collection by Whirligig Designs during our usual collection process will incur the additional hire costs per item, per day until it is returned to our showroom at the hirers’ expense or a second collection fee will be charged for us to return to collect the item.
All table cloths, table overlays, table runners and napkins are to be collected by the client in the week prior to the event. As these items need to be supplied to your venue prior to us attending in order for them to be placed out when the tables are set, it is the clients responsibility to transport them from our showroom to the venue at their own expense unless a separate delivery fee is paid and noted for on the invoice. Please note all these items are supplied flat.
- Payment of Account – Final numbers and full payment of your account is required by the due date listed on your invoice. Any changes to numbers made after this date will incur a $50.00 administration fee. All monies paid leading up to this date will be deducted from your final invoice.
- Damage or Loss – The hirer assumes responsibility for all goods hired from Whirligig Designs. Any damage or loss to hired goods by, but not limited to, the hirer, guests or the venue staff shall be charged accordingly at the present day replacement value. The client will be contacted in writing and made aware of any situation that may arise from the function and the cost that was incurred to repair or purchase new equipment will be charged to the security credit card or taken from the bond. When the total cost of damage of loss is greater than the bond paid an invoice will be issued for the balance and must be paid within 7 days or legal action will commence. Whirligig Designs decision of the equipment prior to dispatch and on return shall be final.
Usage of items – All our carpets may not be used in wet weather or on sand under any circumstances. Any carpet that is returned wet or full of sand will have a $250 cleaning fee charged. Any carpet returned stained will have a $100 fee charged for professional cleaning.
All our lycra linen items may not be used outside on grass or hard grounds such as cement, bricks or tiles as damage will occur. We have other items available for usage in these situations so it is your responsibility to ensure the correct product is ordered.
We do not allow any open wax candles to be used in or on any of our products and suitable battery operated candles or real candles will be supplied by Whirligig Designs with all items where applicable.
- Any legal fees or debt recovery fees that may arise out of any situation in relation to these terms and conditions will be passed onto the hirer.
Insurance – All our hire items are not covered by insurance and responsibility lies with the hirer to organise insurance at their own expense. Whirligig Designs hires equipment that is to be used only for the sole purpose of decorating.
We also reserve the right to not erect any equipment that we determine to be unsafe for guests and venue staff due to poor planning and unexpected weather conditions when alternative arrangements cannot be made that we deem to be suitable. None of our equipment is permitted to be used outdoors in wet weather conditions under any circumstances.
- Cancellation – All monies paid will be forfeited upon cancellation unless your function date is rebooked with us. Rebooking of dates is subject to our availability and should your new date not be available, you will not be entitled to a refund under any circumstance.
All bookings require a bond as security against goods hired. This bond will be taken as either a credit card security form or cash bond.
For credit card bonds our credit card security form must be printed, completed, signed and returned via email, post or in store. The credit card must have an expiry date no shorter than 3 months from the date of the event. A non-refundable $0.01 fee will be charged to all credit cards to verify it is valid.
For those who wish to pay a cash bond, the bond amount of $100 is payable and refundable only via bank transfer.
The bond form or payment must be returned no later than 1 week prior to the function date.
For DIY Hire Only – All items hired from us on a DIY basis are to be collected and returned by the hirer at their own expense during the dates and times agreed to which will be listed on the invoice. Additional daily hire rates of 25% of the total hire costs will be charged per day returned late when items fail to be returned when specified on the invoice. If the late return affects any of our future bookings, the hirer is also responsible to cover the cost of our lost business in relation to refunding bookings we are unable to fulfil due to the late return.
If the person listed on the invoice is not collecting the items in person, the full name, address and phone number of the authorised person for collection and return must be provided to us no later than 1 working day prior and they will need to supply suitable identification before items are released to them.
It is the person collecting the hired goods responsibility to check all hire items prior to removing them from our premises. No claims for shortages, dirtiness and damages will be accepted once goods have been removed from our premises and a signature will be taken to acknowledge this before items are placed in your vehicle.
No cleaning is included for DIY hires with the exception of linen products. For goods that are returned to us in a dirty or wet condition a cleaning and/or sorting fee of $50 will be charged upon return. This means all glassware is to be cleaned, carpets vacuumed and linen returned untied and folded as supplied. All packaging supplied to you on collection of DIY hire items is property of Whirligig Designs must be returned as supplied in the same packaging otherwise it will be subject replacement costs for damaged or lost packaging upon return.
For all DIY hire bookings we are unable to assist you in moving and lifting items to and from your vehicle due to insurance purposes. If you are unable to lift and carry items to and from your vehicle you will be required to pay for delivery and collection. It is the hirers’ responsibility to provide adequate protection for the safe transportation of our equipment. Please be advised that all collections and returns will only be accepted at our warehouse door.